Tuesday 10 April 2012

Experimentation

Every artist, crafter or designer needs to experiment with ideas and techniques in order to get better and to develop their work. It's something I teach students every day at school and even try to encourage them to take chances / make mistakes. If they don't give things a go how will they ever know how to explore ideas and experiment? ....and ultimately how to get better.

Since January I've been 'playing' with new ideas and trying out new products....here are some of the results of my efforts so far. I've still got lots and lots of other things to try out :)

2 comments:

  1. I completely and utterly agree with you. If we have any hope of producing something original we must be prepared to take risks and push ourselves beyond our comfort zone. I recently came across this quote " if you're not failing, you're not trying hard enough". Love all your new experiments Helen xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo, grt quote too. Might just have to print it to go on my classroom wall :o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete