Sunday 5 September 2010

Coming soon...How to's

I've decided to post a series of 'How to do/make/create.....' on my blog over the coming months to help those creative vibes get going among my loyal readers. Sometime we all get stuck for ideas of what to make or just wonder how on earth something is done so my aim is to show you how. There are 100's of things I'd like to know how to do and I'm always looking for the next workshop to sign up to so I can keep learning(I've just found a silver art clay workshop to go to in October and will be signing up for that).

As an art teacher I probably take for granted how many art techniques I know how to do and teach the kids every day I'm at school. Each time I teach them something new I'm going to try and take photos to show you how its done too, although you'll have to forgive me when term gets hectic and I hardly find time to breathe let alone take photos or write a blog about it! Right now though its the start of term and I have good intentions so like every new years resolution we'll see how long I can keep it going.

What art technique would you like to learn to do 1st?
I'll try and respond to any requests 1st (although please note that I don't know everything about everything because as lovely as that would be I'm afraid I'm only human!) so let me know your suggestions

4 comments:

  1. thank you so much for doing this, I am a true beginner in the art field, and the more I read about it the more I like it, I been wanting to learn how to do mixed media so I can mix it with scrapbooking at some point, so many glues and medias you can use to achieve different textures is just amazing, thank you sooooo much for this, I'll defenetly be one of your followeres :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clemencia, thanks for your reply, mixed media it is. I think I'll start with monoprinting with mixed media over the top- 1st oil pastel and then chalk pastels over the top, how does that sound? I often do this with the kids at school and they love the effects so hopefully you'll enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea Helen, right, I'll be taking notes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't need to take notes Jan, you taught me everything I know (well lots of arty stuff anyway) back when I was the 'rookie'.

    ReplyDelete